Have you ever felt disheartened and discouraged in your entrepreneurial journey?
Small business owners face many challenges on a daily basis. They often have to wear many hats and juggle a million different tasks at work and at home. Some are not fortunate enough to have a support system that understands what they are going through as a business owner.
So if you are feeling overwhelmed and discouraged, you are not alone! It is normal to feel doubt creep in and fear to take hold.
What you do after is what matters.
Resiliency, courage, and grit are common traits every successful entrepreneur has. We find it in ourselves to get up and face another day most of the time. But there are days when we need motivation and encouragement from others to keep us going.
Here are some motivational quotes to encourage small business owners if you need one today. (Be sure to bookmark this page for future reference!)
Success Quotes From Filipino Entrepreneurs and Thought Leaders
- “I was born poor, but poor was not born in me.” – Manny V. Pangilinan
- “There is no such thing as overnight success or easy money. If you fail, do not be discouraged; try again. When you do well, do not change your ways. Success is not just good luck: it is a combination of hard work, good credit standing, opportunity, readiness, and timing. Success will not last if you do not take care of it.” – Henry Sy
- “Success is always there at the horizon. To get there, know how to chart the surest path, and follow it no matter what happens along the way.” – Raffy David
- “The only reason why I have successful businesses is because I had more failures. The vast majority of people are not Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. Almost everyone is always wired to make mistakes. I see failure as a fine-tuning of your entrepreneurial journey. The next attempt is always much better. You must view failure as a friend or teacher.” – Jojy Azurin
- “Dreams are free. Why limit what you are aspiring for? But dreaming is not enough. One needs to put in enough energy and input. If you dream big and put your dreams into action you will indefinitely make mistakes. But don’t be scared to make mistakes. Just be quick to recognize them and learn from them as fast as you can. Learn from each mistake and it will not be a waste of time.” – Tony Tan-Caktiong
- “I believe a truly successful man is he who has devoted his life to serving society. As a businessman, I believe you can serve society best by creating jobs for as many people as you can and giving them a chance to lead better lives.” – Andrew Tan
- “You have to know the difference between quitting on your dreams and quitting on your goal.” – Jayson Lo
- “Entrepreneurs should never give up due to failure. Not just entrepreneurs, but people of whatever profession – all of us should learn from our setbacks. We should never surrender to despair.” – Lucio Tan Sr.
- “The real test of an entrepreneur is how far he can go when the tides of business turn for the worse. It is in times like these when he should be unafraid. Be aggressive. Know your market’s needs and serve them.” – Ben Chan
- “For me, business is not just about reaching the pinnacle of success. It is about helping other people achieve their dreams. This is my ikigai, and I was fortunate to have found it early in my life.” – George Ty
Timeless Quotes That Inspire and Motivate
- “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
- “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
- “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart
- “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” – Zig Ziglar
- “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “You can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan
- “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T.S. Eliot
- “I did not fail. I only found 10,000 ways that didn’t work.” – Thomas Edison
What Does Building a Business Mean for You?
For us, building an eCommerce tech startup is not just about “building a company”. Nor is it all about building great software products and services. It is not just about growing super fast. And it is definitely not all about money.
At Prosperna, it is about “nation-building”.
Without a doubt, quotes are a great way to get a quick dose of inspiration when you need it most. They can remind you why you started your business in the first place and give you the push you need to keep going even when things get tough.
But nothing beats going back to your Big Why. So if you have not yet identified your deepest why, spend some time identifying and writing this down.
|Your Turn to Share in the Comment:|
What is your go-to quote when you need inspiration and motivation?
Or better yet – what is your Big Why?
- Women Entrepreneurs in the Philippines
- How to Write Your Own Mission Statement
- 9 TED Talks for Online Sellers
Prosperna, Your Partner to eCommerce Success
Prosperna is an all-in-one eCommerce for Philippine Businesses. We are on a mission to empower 100,000 Philippine MSMEs with simple and affordable eCommerce solutions.
In fact, we are super passionate about helping Philippine MSMEs we’re giving you a free account FOREVER!
Want to start selling online? Create your FREE forever account now.