We collect your personal information in order to render several services (“Services”). These Services may consist of the provision of our online store builder platform, our social commerce platform, our payment processing services, and our shipping services.
What information do we collect?
Personal Information You Voluntarily Provide to Prosperna
- When you register for an Account, we require that you provide us with certain personal information about you. This includes, but is not limited to, your first and last name, e-mail address, and the name of your business.
- As part of the account registration and verification process, we may also ask you for certain other information, such as your phone number and your business’s tax identification number, as well as documents that include personal information about you. These documents include, but are not limited to, a photo of you along with government-issued identification including identification containing your photo and signature, bank statements, proof of income, documentation verifying the legal existence of your business and its beneficial owners and principals, bank statements and related banking information, and other financial documents to verify your identity and assess the risk associated with your business. Even if you access and use the Service without registering for an Account, you may choose to provide us with certain personal information about you (for example, you may want to sign up for our newsletters or RSVP for events). The collection of this information is necessary to provide the functionality of the Service and/or to comply with applicable laws and regulations related to the Service’s product offerings.
If you are a Customer, when you make a payment through a user’s website or application in relation to a Transaction, we will receive certain Customer Data. Customer Data may include:
- First and last name;
- Online order history;
- Physical and/or mailing address;
- Financial information, including but not limited to credit or debit card numbers or bank account information;
- Email address; and
- Phone number.
The collection of this Customer Data is necessary to provide the functionality of the Service (mainly, to process the Transaction) and/or to comply with applicable laws and regulations related to the Service’s product offerings. We may use Customer Data for the following purposes: (i) providing and improving the Services; (ii) internal usage, including but not limited to, data analytics and metrics so long as such Customer Data has been anonymized and aggregated with other customer data; (iii) complying with applicable legal requirements and assisting law enforcement agencies by responding to requests for the disclosure of information in accordance with applicable law; and (iv) any other purpose for which consent has been provided by the Customer.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
In addition, when you visit our Sites, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our site, and dates and times of website visits. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon”, also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain “clickstream data”, which is a log of content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites. See also our “Do Not Track Policy” below.
Methods of Collection and Processing
We collect your data from the information that you may have directly submitted to us.
Where you have provided us with the personal data of individuals other than yourself, you warrant that you have obtained their consent for the disclosure, in accordance with the DPA.
Your personal data may be processed by way of computer media, in compliance with the rules in relation to personal data protection, therein including those relating to data security.
How and When Will the Information Be Used
We may use the information we obtain through the Sites to:
- Assess your request for account activation;
- Provide and maintain the Services;
- Create and manage your account;
- Offer and provide products and services to you;
- Process and collect loans and payments for services;
- Process and facilitate the delivery of products and services purchased through the Services;
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions;
- Combine it with information we receive offline to send you offers or promotions;
- Send information to others if you ask us to do so;
- Respond to and communicate with you about your orders, requests, questions and comments;
- Process claims we receive in connection with our products and services;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services and Sites; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- Perform data analyses and other processing (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, anonymization, encryption and tokenization of personal information);
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies;
- Establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; and
- Fulfill any other purposes directly related to the above-stated purposes
We will not process your personal information in ways incompatible with the above-stated purposes.
In addition, we use information collected online through cookies, local shared objects (also known as “Flash cookies”), web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as: (i) customizing our users’ visits to our Sites, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests; and the manner in which our users browse our Sites, and (iii) managing our business. We may supplement data we collect through automated means with information about your location (such as your zip code) to provide you with content that may be of interest to you. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our Sites, identify users of our Sites, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our Sites, how users navigate through our Sites, and how we may tailor our Sites to better meet the needs of our users.
Information We Share
Your personal information may be disclosed to our partners and third parties for the following purposes:
- To render the Services
- To facilitate and fulfill orders
- To facilitate and fulfill deliveries
- To process loans and payments
- To analyze how the Services are used
- To generate leads
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- To fulfill any other purposes directly to the above-stated purposes
We may also transfer your personal information to third parties as required by law or legal instrument, to protect our rights or assets, to facilitate acquisition or disposition of the Company’s businesses, and in emergencies where the health or safety of a person is endangered.
The following are the third parties to whom your personal data may be disclosed:
- Other users of the Services
- Government Agencies
- Payment gateways and providers
- Logistics/Shipping Providers
- Banks and financial institutions
- Third party service providers
- Stockholders and business partners
- Potential investors or target companies in the context of a mergers and acquisitions deal
- Affiliates and subsidiaries
Notice to Canadian Residents
We collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent, which may be expressed or implied. You may withdraw your consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information by us or by third parties for marketing purposes at any time by contacting us as specified below under “How to Contact Us.” If you would like to access, update or ask us to delete your preferences or the personal information that we have collected about you, please contact us, and we will respond to your request within 30 days.
Notice to Canadian Residents
Subject to certain limits under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Do Not Track Policy
Our website is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with us, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
Your personal data will be retained or stored for as long as the purposes for which they are being processed have not been satisfied. The Company will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce its agreements.
How Do We Protect Your Information
The privacy and protection of your information is important to us. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
However, no data transmission over the Internet or any other wireless communication method can be guaranteed to be totally secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
What About Children
Our Sites are not directed to children under the age of eighteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of eighteen on our Sites. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of eighteen on our Sites, we will delete the information from our records.
We encourage you to keep your personal information current and updated. Subject access requests may be made by emailing the data protection officer. The Company may take reasonable steps to confirm the requestor’s identity as a data subject before granting access to the personal information and allowing updates thereto.
Data Subject Rights
You have the following rights under the DPA, which you may exercise at your discretion:
- The right to access personal information
Under the DPA, it is possible for individuals to request access to any of their personal data held by the Company, subject to certain restrictions. A request for disclosure of such information is called a subject access request. Any such requests should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer.
- The right to make corrections to personal information
The DPA requires the Company to take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal data it processes is accurate and up-to-date. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to the personal information that you have supplied to us during the course of your engagement.
- The right to object to the processing of personal information
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, including processing for direct marketing, automated processing or profiling. You shall also be notified and be given an opportunity to withhold consent to the processing in case of changes or any amendment to the information supplied or declared to you in this Data Privacy Notice. Please note that some of the personal data you have provided to us is necessary for us to comply with statutory and regulatory requirements, as well as the Company’s administrative policies and is thus mandatorily required to be collected and processed. Withholding of your consent to the processing of certain personal data may prevent you from availing of certain benefits.
- The right to erasure or blocking of personal information
You have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal information from our filing system.
- The right to be informed of the existence of processing of personal information
You have the right to be informed whether personal information pertaining to you shall be, is being, or have been processed, including the existence of automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to damages
Upon presentation of a valid decision, the Company recognizes your right to be indemnified for actual and verifiable damages sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal information, taking into account any violation of your rights and freedoms as a data subject.
- The right to lodge a complaint before the Commission.
How to Contact Us
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
PROSPERNA PHILIPPINES INC.
PROSPERNA PHILIPPINES INC.
Civic Prime Building, Unit 603, Civic Drive
Alabang, Metro Manila
Alabang, Metro Manila