As a small business owner, you know that attracting new customers is essential to your success. But how can you do that when it seems everyone is doing the same thing?
It may seem like the deck is stacked against you, but there are plenty of things you can do to attract new customers to your online store. And best of all, they don’t have to be expensive or time-consuming.
Read on! Here are 9 proven ways to attract new customers to your online store.
How to Attract Customers Online
Nowadays, nearly all businesses need an online presence to attract new customers. Whether it’s a simple website or a more complex digital marketing strategy, there are a few key things you need to do to attract customers online.
1. Optimize Your Website for Search Engines
If potential customers can’t find your site, they can’t buy from you. Optimizing your website for search engines means making sure your site is as visible as possible to people looking for it.
Here’s what you can do to optimize your website:
- Ensure your website is formatted correctly and follows good UI/UX responsive design.
- Use keywords relevant to your business or industry, and create SEO-optimized content to build your site’s authority.
2. Leverage the Power of Advertising
Creating a solid ad campaign can help you reach a larger audience and make your brand more visible.
You can leverage the power of advertising by working with a professional agency or by creating your own ads. Either way, here are some tips to help you leverage advertising:
- Create compelling messages that will grab attention and make your potential customers want to learn more about your products or services.
- Make sure that your ads are targeted and relevant to your target audience.
- Consider using different mediums to reach your target audience. For example, if you’re targeting millennials, run ads on social media like TikTok.
3. Send Your First Message in Minutes
In today’s business world, first impressions are everything. Sending your first message in minutes is a great way to attract new customers and make a good impression.
You are showing potential customers that you’re responsive and professional — establishing trust and building relationships.
Here are different ways you can ensure quick response time:
- Use a Messenger chatbot to automate responses to frequently asked questions, such as product catalog, time of operations, and delivery area.
- Have a dedicated person managing your communication channels. And train them on best practices for providing a positive customer experience.
4. Use Data to Fine-Tune Your Online Store Strategy
A well-defined online store strategy is more critical than ever in today’s competitive marketplace. That’s where using data comes in.
By analyzing your web traffic and customer behavior, you can fine-tune your strategy to attract new customers and retain the ones you already have.
Small business owners may feel like they’re at a disadvantage when it comes to data. No worries – we got you covered!
- Start with tracking your web traffic and customer behavior. Free and paid tools can help with this, such as Google Analytics.
- Next, look for patterns and trends. Learn what potential customers are looking for so you can make sure your store is meeting their needs.
- Lastly, identify areas for improvement. Suppose cart abandonment is increasing. Then perhaps you need to make your checkout process simpler and more user-friendly.
5. Create Eye-Catching Product and Branding Photos
In today’s digital age, ensuring that your product and branding photos are eye-catching and professional helps entice potential customers to check your online store.
You can hire a professional photographer. Or you can take advantage of free online resources such as the following:
- Tutorials and guides to help you take great photos even if you’re not a professional photographer.
- Free photo editing tools offer pre-made templates for different types of visual content like social media posts, product catalogs, and other marketing collaterals.
6. Profit From the Power of Optimized Product Listings
Product listing optimization (PLO) makes your product listings as appealing and relevant as possible to potential customers, increasing your chances of making a sale.
But how do you optimize your listings? There are a few key things you can do:
- Use relevant keywords in your product copy, meta title, and meta description.
- Craft engaging, clear, and concise product descriptions.
- Provide high-quality images showing different angles and zooming in on striking details.
7. Create Engaging Content
One of the best ways to create engaging content is to focus on your target audience. You’re more likely to get their attention when you make content that appeals to them.
So how can you create engaging and valuable content for your target audience?
- Find out their interests and needs. For example, you can share recipes or health studies if you’re a vegan restaurant catering to vegans and health-conscious individuals.
- Share the type and length of content your potential customers want to consume on social media and other channels they hang out on.
8. Deliver Exceptional Customer Service All the Time
Good customer service has always been important, but in today’s age of social media and online reviews, it’s more important than ever before.
One bad review can deter potential customers, but good customer service can attract new business. So make sure you and your team deliver exceptional customer service.
There are a few ways to do this, but here are the foundations:
- Hire the right staff and train them well.
- Listen to your customers and address their concerns quickly.
- Go above and beyond to deliver a great experience.
9. Get Involved With Influencer Marketing
Influencers have a large following on social media or other online platforms. They can help promote your products or services to their followers, allowing you to get your brand in front of potential new customers.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when getting started with influencer marketing:
- Find an influencer who is a good fit for your brand and has an engaged audience interested in what you have to offer.
- Create quality content that the influencer can share with their followers. But be sure to give them creative freedom so they can share your message more authentically.
- Measure results to track your influencer marketing efforts’ return on investment (ROI).
Attracting New Customers FAQs
Why is attracting new customers important?
Aside from helping businesses grow, it helps offset the natural attrition that occurs as customers move, change their needs, or no longer require the product or service.
Should I focus on attracting customers or retaining customers?
Ultimately, the most important thing is to ensure your marketing efforts are targeted and effective, whether focused on attracting new customers or retaining existing ones.
There are many ways for small business owners to attract new customers. Find what works best for your business by testing and experimenting. And be sure to measure your results to identify what’s working and what’s not, and make adjustments as necessary.
Which tips will you implement to attract new customers to your online store? Let us know in the comments below.
- Marketing Tips for Your Small Business
- Benefits of Social Media Marketing for Philippine MSMEs
- Content Marketing Tools & Resources for Small Business
- 8 Ways to Improve Email Deliverability
Prosperna, Your Partner to eCommerce Success
Prosperna is an all-in-one eCommerce platform for Philippine businesses. We are on a mission to empower 100,000 Philippine MSMEs with simple and affordable eCommerce solutions.
In fact, we are super passionate about helping Philippine MSMEs we’re giving you a free account forever!
Want to start selling online? Create your free-forever Prosperna account now.