Does a career with a cool, fast-paced tech startup with a work-from-home Silicon Valley-style culture get you pumped up?
Are you looking for a tech company where you can see and witness how the products you build can make an impact?
If the answer is a resounding “YES!” then, you might have what it takes to join the Prosperna Team!
Who is Prosperna?
At Prosperna, our mission “today” is to empower 100,000 Philippine MSMEs with simple and affordable eCommerce software-as-a-service.
Our team is led by Dennis Velasco, CEO/Founder of Prosperna. Dennis is a Fil-am who spent 12 years in Silicon Valley to help build divisions for some of the fastest growing software companies like Salesforce.com, Xero and Cornerstone Ondemand, where he built their national and global Small Business Division and was part of their Initial Public Offering (IPO).
He recently moved to the Philippines to bring Silicon Valley-level technology to help our country and today, Prosperna is one of the fastest growing startups in Southeast Asia.
What are we looking for?
We build awesome eCommerce software for Philippine MSMEs and we’re looking for awesome software engineers.
The right person for us is not just someone who can code but someone who can create beautiful technology experiences for customers.
In addition, we’re looking for someone who:
- Can adapt and evolve to a fast paced product development environment.
- Has relentless pursuit to learn new tools, technologies and methods.
- Shares our purpose-driven DNA to empower MSMEs.
What would you be doing?
- Work with our design and product teams to optimize user experiences.
- Mentoring colleagues and junior developers under the Engineering department.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Contribute to improve current process and agile methodology.
- Oversee and supervise the current code review process within the Engineering department.
Related work experience & skills:
- Complete understanding of ReactJS and its main fundamentals like JSX, Virtual DOM, component lifecycle, etc.
- Preceding experience with ReactJS workflows like Flux, Redux, Create React App, data structure libraries.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs/GraphQL, HTML/CSS, ES6 (variables and scoping, array methods).
- Code versioning tools like GIT, etc., popular frontend development tools, CI/CD tools, DevOps.
- Performance testing frameworks like Mocha, Node + NPM.
- Expertise with CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS.
- Familiarity/Experience with websocket.IO is a plus.
- Familiarity with Google Schema is a plus.
- Experience with Google Firebase products is a plus.
- Preferred degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar.
- With 5-7 years of experience.
10 Reasons to Join Us
- Customer Success – our purpose is to empower MSMEs.
- The Challenger – we want to build a #betterPhilippines and we’re willing to go against the status quo for the greater good.
- Transparency – great communication keeps everyone on the same page and aligned towards the same goal.
- Keep’ it Real – be free to be yourself. Everyone’s idea matters. This is how we find our best self.
- Make the Rocket Ship Go Faster – We desire to find ways to be more efficient and deliver better quality and a better customer experience.
- Passion for Learning – Everyone’s empowered to find, seek and take their personal development into their own hands with the company’s support.
- The Extra Mile – When everyone takes one extra step, we inspire others around us and multiply success instantly.
- Measurable Value – Whatever we do, it’s important to align to delivering measurable customer value.
- Global Minded – We have a global culture. Work from anywhere, at anytime with an amazing team led by a Silicon Valley experienced founder.
- Venture Backed – With some help from the leading venture capital investors like Foxmont Capital, DayOne Capital and Johnsen Global, we have the fuel to just do it.