Quezon City, the largest city in Metro Manila, is a bustling hub of activity with a population of over 2.9 million people. It is home to some of the country’s most popular landmarks, such as the Quezon Memorial Circle, UP Diliman, and Ateneo de Manila University.
With its thriving economy and strategic location, it’s no wonder that Quezon City has become a hub for small business owners looking to start a new venture.
Starting a small business can be a challenging but rewarding experience, and with the right idea, you can turn your dream into a reality.
Whether you’re a budding entrepreneur or an experienced business owner looking to expand your portfolio, Quezon City has plenty of opportunities to offer.
In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the best ideas for starting a small business in Quezon City.
Why Is Quezon City a Good Place for Small Businesses?
Quezon City is a great place for small businesses because it is the largest city in Metro Manila, which means that there is a large and diverse customer base to tap into.
The city is also home to many universities and colleges, which provide a steady flow of young and educated consumers.
Quezon City is a hub for commercial activity, with numerous shopping centers, markets, and business districts scattered throughout the city.
This provides entrepreneurs with a variety of options when it comes to finding the right location for their business. Whether you’re looking to set up a shop in a bustling mall or a quieter residential area, there are plenty of opportunities to choose from.
Another advantage of starting a small business in Quezon City is that it is home to a vibrant and supportive entrepreneurial community.
There are numerous business organizations and networking groups in the city that offer resources, support, and mentorship to new and established business owners alike.
This can be a valuable source of guidance and inspiration for those looking to start a business in the city.
Considerations for Starting a Small Business in Quezon City
The location of your business can have a significant impact on your success, as it can affect your visibility, accessibility, and customer base. Look for a location that is easily accessible to your customers, whether by foot, car, or public transportation.
Consider the proximity to major roads or highways, parking availability, and public transportation options. Potential customers might not visit your business if it is difficult to get to. A location with high foot traffic is best to help increase your visibility and attract customers.
Also, consider the demographics of the area where you plan to set up your business. Are there enough potential customers in the area who would be interested in your products or services? Are the demographics of the area in line with your target market?
It’s important to do your research to ensure that your business will have a strong customer base.
2. Licenses and Permits
These documents are required by law and serve as proof that your business is operating legally and compliantly.
Here are some of the licenses and permits that your need to start a small business in Quezon City:
- DTI Business Name Certificate
- BIR Registration Document
- Barangay Clearance
- Business Permit (or Mayor’s Permit)
- Sanitary Permit
- Fire Safety Permit
Licenses and permits are typically valid for a specific period of time, after which they must be renewed. It’s important to keep track of these expiration dates and ensure that you renew your documents on time to avoid any penalties or fines.
There are many different sources of financing available for small businesses in Quezon City.
Some of them are through:
- Business Loan
While there are many funding options available, it can be challenging to determine which ones are best suited to your business needs. Each option has its pros and cons, so it’s important to consider your specific business needs, the amount of funding you require, and your ability to repay the financing.
4. Market Research
Conducting thorough research can help you understand your target market, identify potential competitors, and determine the demand for your products or services.
Depending on your industry, there may be regulatory requirements that impact your ability to operate in Quezon City. It’s important to research these requirements and ensure that your business complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
Also, through market research, you can develop a marketing strategy that is tailored to your target market and helps you beat the competition.
15 Small Business Ideas You Can Start in Quezon City
Food & Beverage Businesses
A food and beverage business involves the preparation, distribution, and sale of food and drink products to consumers.
In Quezon City, you can launch the following food and beverage businesses:
- Cafe or coffee shop: With a growing coffee culture in the Philippines, a cafe or coffee shop is a popular option for entrepreneurs in Quezon City. You can differentiate your business by offering unique blends, specialty drinks, or a library of books to go with the coffee.
- Food truck: Food trucks have become a popular option for entrepreneurs in Quezon City due to their low startup costs and flexibility. You can serve a variety of food options and move your truck to different locations to reach a wider audience.
- Dessert shop: Filipinos love sweets, and a dessert shop can be a hit in Quezon City. You can offer a variety of desserts such as cakes, cupcakes, and pastries, or specialize in a particular type of desserts such as ice cream or donuts.
- Restaurant: Quezon City has a diverse range of cuisines, so starting a restaurant that offers unique or specialty dishes can be a profitable option. You can differentiate your business by offering fusion cuisine or dishes from a particular region.
A retail business involves the sale of physical goods or merchandise to consumers through a variety of channels, such as brick-and-mortar stores or online marketplaces.
Here are some ideas for retail businesses you can start in Quezon City:
- Clothing store: A clothing store can be a profitable business in Quezon City, especially if you offer unique and trendy clothing options. You can cater to different demographics such as men, women, or children, and differentiate your business by offering a curated collection.
- Pet supply store: With the growing number of pet owners in Quezon City, starting a pet supply store can be a profitable business. You can offer a variety of pet products such as food, toys, and accessories for different types of pets.
- Beauty supply store: With the growing demand for beauty products in Quezon City, a beauty supply store can be a profitable business. You can offer a variety of beauty products such as makeup, skincare, and hair care products.
These are enterprises that offer intangible products, such as expertise, skills, or labor, to customers in exchange for payment.
You can start a service business with these ideas:
- Cleaning service: A cleaning service can be a profitable business in Quezon City, especially if you offer professional and efficient services. You can offer different cleaning services such as residential, commercial, or post-construction cleaning.
- Event planning service: With the growing number of special occasions in Quezon City, starting an event planning service can be a profitable business. You can offer event planning services for different occasions such as weddings, birthdays, or corporate events.
- Personal training service: You can offer personal training services for different fitness levels and goals such as weight loss, muscle gain, or overall health.
Starting a home-based business in Quezon City can be an excellent way to turn your skills and passions into a profitable venture.
Some home-based business ideas you can start in Quezon City are:
- Online store: You can start an online store with Prosperna and sell different products such as handmade crafts, clothing, or accessories. With the growth of eCommerce, an online store can be a profitable business from the comfort of your home.
- Baking business: If you love to bake, starting a home-based baking business in Quezon City can be a profitable venture. You can offer a variety of baked goods such as cakes, cupcakes, or pastries.
- Catering business: If you have a passion for cooking, starting a catering business in the comforts of your home can be a lucrative option. You can offer catering services for weddings, corporate events, or other special occasions.
Franchise businesses can be a great option for those who want to start a business in Quezon City without the need for a completely new concept.
Here are some franchise business ideas you might consider:
- Food Franchise: Quezon City has a thriving food scene, making it an ideal location for a food franchise. Some popular food franchises include McDonald’s, Jollibee, and KFC.
- Convenience Store Franchise: Convenience stores are always in demand, making them a great franchise option. Some popular convenience store franchises include 7-Eleven, Ministop, and Family Mart.
- Salon Franchise: With the growing importance of grooming and personal care, starting a salon franchise in Quezon City can be a profitable business. Some popular salon franchises include Bench Fix Salon, David’s Salon, and Tony & Jackey.
No matter which type of business you choose, success ultimately depends on your dedication, hard work, and willingness to learn and adapt. With careful planning, smart marketing, and a commitment to quality, you can turn your small business idea into a profitable venture in Quezon City.
Good luck on your entrepreneurial journey!
Prosperna, Your Partner to eCommerce Success
Prosperna is an all-in-one eCommerce platform for Philippine businesses. We are on a mission to empower 100,000 Philippine MSMEs with simple and affordable eCommerce solutions.
In fact, we are super passionate about helping Philippine MSMEs we’re giving you a free account forever!
Want to take your small business idea in Quezon City online? Create your free-forever Prosperna account now.